The Coterie & Unicorn Theatres will hold combined auditions for professional adult actors (18 years of age & older) - Equity & non-Equity - for their respective 2013-2014 seasons May 13-16, 2013. Auditions are by appointment only and will be held at Unicorn Theatre, 3828 Main St., Kansas City, MO, on May 13 from 3:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m., and May 14, 15 & 16 from 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. Appointments can be made by calling Annette Filippi at 816-474-4241.
Actors will be asked to perform two contrasting contemporary monologues (no classical material, no Shakespeare), two minutes each; no musical material. Singing auditions will occur only if called back. Actors must bring two head shots and two resumes.
The Coterie's 2013-2014 season features:
• RED BADGE VARIATIONS; a world premiere by Melissa Cooper
• DRACULA: THE JOURNAL OF JONATHAN HARKER; adapted from "Bram Stoker" by Jim Helsinger
• THE WIZ; book by William F. Brown, music by Charlie Smalls
• AFFLICTED: DAUGHTERS OF SALEM; a world premiere by Laurie Brooks
• ZEUS ON THE LOOSE and I WAS A TEENAGE IMMORTAL: GEEK MYTHOLOGY; book and lyrics by Jeff Carey, music by Jessica Jackson
• SCHOOLHOUSE ROCK LIVE!; based on ABC-TV's educational animated series
• CHITTY CHITTY BANG BANG; The Coterie's Lab for New Family Musicals premiere, based on the MGM motion picture, music and lyrics by Richard M. Sherman and Robert B. Sherman, adapted by Jeremy Sams and Ray Roderick
Unicorn Theatre's 2013-2014 season features:
• VENUS IN FUR; by David Ives. Tony-nominated. Sexy & funny.
• SEMINAR; by Theresa Rebeck. Co-produced with UMKC Theatre, biting comedy.
• CLYBOURNE PARK; by Bruce Norris. Co-produced with UMKC Theatre. Winner of the Tony Award and the Pulitzer Prize.
• GROUNDED; by George Brant. A world premiere one-woman show.
• OTHER DESERT CITIES; by Jon Robin Baitz. Tony-nominated family drama.
• WATER BY THE SPOONFUL; by Quiara Alegría Hudes. 2012 Pulitzer Prize for Drama.
• BY THE WAY, MEET VERA STARK; by Lynn Nottage. A comedy.
There will be no alternate audition times. If you are unable to attend, you may submit a head shot and resume to:
Attn: Jeff Church, Artistic Director
2450 Grand Blvd., Ste. 144
Kansas City, MO 64108
Both the Unicorn and the Coterie are dedicated to multi-racial, non-traditional casting. Persons of color or ethnic origin are encouraged to audition.
More information about The Coterie is available at www.thecoterie.org and about Unicorn Theatre at www.unicorntheatre.org.
This message has been sent through KC Stage's Automated
Press Release System at http://www.kcstage.com/.
Any and all information listed in this e-mail is property
of the person sending this information and KC Stage
can not be held liable for the content.