BARN PLAYERS 6X10 FESTIVAL
CALL FOR SCRIPTS
Grab your pencils! Or laptops! The Barn Players Theatre is holding
its sixth annual 6x10 Play Festival on December 13th – 15th, and we are looking for some great scripts. The Festival will produce six short plays,
each roughly ten minutes in length and all by local writers. Tell us
a great story in ten minutes and you'll get the chance to see your
work performed on our stage.
Playwrights whose scripts are selected will be encouraged to
participate in rehearsal and to work collaboratively with the
director. They may modify their script as they watch it take shape on
Playwrights also are welcome to participate in Writer's Workshops to be held at The Barn Theatre on July 27th, August 10th and August 24th from 10am – Noon. There is no charge to participate in the workshop sessions. Participation in workshop sessions is not required for selection, nor is participation a guarantee of selection.
- All playwrights must live within 200 miles of Kansas City.
- Scripts may not have been produced previously.
- Scripts should be easily produced in the context of a ten-minute
play festival (i.e. small casts and simple sets)
- Each playwright may submit up to two (2) scripts for review.
- Scripts may be submitted electronically or through the mail.
- Electronic: send to "firstname.lastname@example.org"
- Mail: send TWO copies to "6x10 Festival, The Barn Players, 6219
Martway, Mission KS 66202"
- Please put your name and contact info on a separate page from the
text of the script.
- Deadline for submission is August 31st, 2013.
- Selections will be made and all playwrights informed by September 15th, 2013.
- Scripts sent by mail will not be returned.
- No comments or feedback on the scripts will be given.
- There is no entry fee.
By submitting a script for consideration, the playwright agrees that
The Barn Players may produce the script during the festival. The
playwright agrees to waive any royalty for the production of the piece
in the festival and relinquishes all rights to casting decisions or
For more information, please contact Eric Magnus, Artistic Director of The Barn Players at email@example.com
The Barn Players embraces diversity in all aspects of our organization. Non-traditional and equal-opportunity casting is encouraged.
This message has been sent through KC Stage's Automated
Press Release System at http://www.kcstage.com/.
Any and all information listed in this e-mail is property
of the person sending this information and KC Stage
can not be held liable for the content.