BARN PLAYERS 6X10 FESTIVAL
CALL FOR SCRIPTS
Grab your pencils! Or laptops! The Barn Players Theatre is holding
its eighth annual 6x10 Play Festival on December 11th – 13th, and we are looking for some great scripts. The Festival will produce six short plays, each roughly ten minutes in length and all by local & regional writers. Tell us a great story in ten minutes and you'll get the chance to see your work performed on our stage.
Playwrights whose scripts are selected will be encouraged to
participate in rehearsal and to work collaboratively with the
director. They may modify their script as they watch it take shape on
GUIDELINES (please read and follow carefully)
- All playwrights must live within 300 miles of Kansas City.
- Scripts may not have been produced or self-produced previously in the Greater Kansas City area.
- Scripts should be easily produced in the context of a ten-minute
play festival (i.e. small casts and simple sets)
- Each playwright may submit up to two (2) scripts for review.
- Scripts may only be submitted electronically to "email@example.com". Scripts sent via US mail or dropped off at The Barn will not be considered.
- Each play must be a blind submission (i.e. no playwright identifiers can be anywhere on the script or cover page) and must be accompanied by a separate document or email with playwright's contact information. Submissions received without following the rules regarding contact information may be immediately disqualified.
- Each playwright submitting a play will receive a notice of receipt.
- No comments or feedback on the scripts will be given.
- There is no entry fee.
- Failure to follow these guidelines of submission will automatically disqualify a script(s) from consideration.
- Deadline for submission is August 1st, 2015.
- Selections will be made and all playwrights informed through the a posting on The Barn Players website at www.thebarnplayers.org.
By submitting a script for consideration, the playwright agrees that
The Barn Players may produce the script during the festival. The
playwright agrees to waive any royalty for the production of the piece
in the festival and relinquishes all rights to casting decisions or
For more information, please contact Eric Magnus, Artistic Director of The Barn Players at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Barn Players embraces diversity in all aspects of our organization. Non-traditional and equal-opportunity casting is encouraged.
This message has been sent through KC Stage's Automated
Press Release System at http://www.kcstage.com/.
Any and all information listed in this e-mail is property
of the person sending this information and KC Stage
can not be held liable for the content.