La Cage Aux Folles
Music & Lyrics by Jerry Herman
Book by Harvey Fierstein
Directed by Kipp Simmons
Musical Direction by Martha Risser
Choreography by Rob Reeder
June 28th & 29th
from 2:00 - 4:00pm
At St. Pius Church
55th and Woodson, Mission, KS
EXPECTATION and PREPARATION:
• Auditions will be an open call both days, and will consist of singing a prepared 32 bar selection of a musical theatre song in the style of the show. There will also be a dance audition for those auditioning for Les Cagelles and Townspeople so wear proper attire.
• Please Provide: Sheet Music...no CDs & NO ACAPPELLA auditions | Headshot/Resume (if available)
• Invited Callbacks will be held on Saturday, July 12th from 12:00 -4:00 pm. If you are auditioning, please make sure to clear your schedule that day, as callbacks are critical to putting together the strongest ensemble for this ensemble piece.
• Rehearsals will begin around September 21st. Typical weekly rehearsal schedule will be Sunday through Thursday nights from 6:30pm – 10pm. Rehearsals the last 2 weeks of rehearsal may go to 10:30p. (Tech Rehearsal on Sunday, November 2nd will be 4:00p – 8:00p) Conflicts with the rehearsal schedule must be kept to an absolute minimum during the rehearsal process. No conflicts will be accepted during dress / tech week without prior approval from the director.
• If you are unable to attend either open call, please email your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may be asked to send a video singing a 32 bar selection and a short monologue.
November 7th – 23rd, 2014
Fridays and Saturdays at 7:30pm
Sundays at 2:00pm
Industry Night performance on Monday, November 17th at 7:30pm
All performances take place at…
The Barn Players Theatre
6219 Martway in Mission, KS
After twenty years of un-wedded bliss Georges and Albin, two men partnered for better-or-worse, get a bit of both when Georges' son (fathered during a one-night fling) announces his impending marriage to the daughter of a bigoted, right-wing politician. Further complicating the situation is the 'family business': Albin and Georges run a transvestite nightclub in St. Tropez, where Albin is the "star" performer 'Zaza'. When Anne's parents want to come and meet Jean-Michel's mother and father, chaos ensues.
(please note we are producing the 2011 revised version):
• Albin/Zaza – a performer of star quality; mature; great powerhouse of a Broadway voice; fine comic actor; (high baritone up to a G, strong falsetto)
• Georges – a star; mature and attractive; good singer; energetic, loving and caring; must move well (baritone)
• Jean-Michel – must appear to be 24 years old; handsome; masculine, well-mannered, educated; desperately in love with his fiancee Anne; acts, sings and moves well (tenor/lyric baritone)
• Jacob – male butler/maid; brilliant comedian who sings and moves well (tenor)
• Anne – must appear to be 18-24; Jean-Michel's fiance; lovely; spunky; a mover who acts well
• Edouard Dindon – Anne's father; right-wing radical politician; pompous; quirky; must sing, move well and be a fine comedian (baritone) (this actor may also play Renaud)
• Marie Dindon – Anne's mother; shy, retiring, sexually repressed and sex-starved; good singer and actress who moves well (soprano) (this actor may also play Madame Renaud)
• Jacqueline – female friend of Georges and Albin; owns a chic restaurant; attractive, charming; very theatrical (mezzo soprano)
• Renaud – male friend of Georges and Albin; owns a small café with his wife (this actor may also play Edouard Dindon)
• Madame Renaud – female friend of Georges and Albin; owns a small café with her husband (this actor may also play Marie Dindon)
• Francis –male stage manager in Georges' club
• Chantal – one of Les Cagelles; a drag role; must have a terrific falsetto (tenor or comfortable falsetto)
• Hanna – one of Les Cagelles; a drag role; a dominatrix (tenor or comfortable falsetto)
• Phaedra – one of Les Cagelles; a drag role; very exotic (tenor or comfortable falsetto)
• Babette – one of Les Cagelles; a drag role; strong dancer and singer (tenor or comfortable falsetto)
• Bitelle – one of Les Cagelles; a drag role; strong dancer and singer (tenor or comfortable falsetto)
• Mercedes – one of Les Cagelles; a drag role; strong dancer and singer (tenor or comfortable falsetto)
• Collette – a townsperson (may also be a performer at LA CAGE AUX FOLLES)
• Etienne – a townsperson (may also be a performer at LA CAGE AUX FOLLES – not a drag role)
• Tabarro – a fisherman (may also be a performer at LA CAGE AUX FOLLES – not a drag role)
For more information, please contact Eric Magnus, Artistic Director of The Barn Players, at email@example.com.
The Barn Players embraces diversity in all aspects of our organization. Non-traditional and equal-opportunity casting is encouraged.
This message has been sent through KC Stage's Automated
Press Release System at http://www.kcstage.com/.
Any and all information listed in this e-mail is property
of the person sending this information and KC Stage
can not be held liable for the content.