THE BARN PLAYERS
Call for Director…
The Barn Jr. production of
(2nd session only)
Submit a letter of application to The Barn Players, along with your resume. Please include your experience with directing and working with children in grades 3 through 6 and your reasons for applying to direct. In addition, please include your resume of directing experience. An interview will then be scheduled with the Educational Director and the Artistic Director of The Barn.
Deadline to Apply: March 15th, 2015, with interviews to be scheduled shortly thereafter, by appointment only.
Welcome to Agrabah, City of Enchantment, where we're about to begin the fantastic tale of the street rat who became a prince! All of your favorite characters from the hit Disney film - Aladdin, Jasmine, Iago, Jafar, the Genie, and more - are here in Disney's ALADDIN KIDS, a musical adventure filled with magic, mayhem, and flying carpet rides. Specific to Disney's ALADDIN KIDS are the Junior Djinn, a group of unique stage magicians who execute the magical moments of the show. Casting many Junior Djinn to create the Genie's magic allows you to involve more young performers. The show includes an ensemble of marketplace hawkers, gymnasts, wrestlers, bread-sellers, fishmongers, belly dancers, beggars, cloth vendors, puppeteers, royal guards & royal trumpeters. Disney's ALADDIN KIDS 's tuneful, accessible Academy award-winning score, with songs by Alan Menken, Howard Ashman, and Tim Rice, including "A Whole New World" and "Friend Like Me," will send audiences soaring.
All regular camp sessions run 10:00am - 4:00pm at The Barn
Family Night: Friday, June 19th @ 7:00pm
Camp Week 1: June 30 – July 2
Camp Week 2: July 6 - 10
Camp Week 3: July 13 - 16
Performances will be July 16th – 18th.
Organize, plan, and manage instruction and direction for a three-week camp for students in grades 3-6 culminating in a performance of Disney's ALADDIN, Kids"
• Provide instruction on acting, stage movement, and collaboration. Also provide choreography and vocal music instruction, or hire additional outside personnel to do so.
• Direct production including students in technical elements as appropriate such as set painting, props, costumes, etc.
• Supervise high school and college interns who assist with instruction and direction
• Communicate effectively with parents about students
• Provide opportunities that enrich students from all levels of experience
• Manage camp so that student behavior is supportive, collaborative, and positive
• Collaborate with other Barn staff to work in repertory with other productions
• Must be at least 18 years of age with experience leading students in either school or camp setting.
• Must be able to demonstrate artistic skills through resume, portfolio, or other means
• Must be creative, flexible, and passionate about getting ALL kids involved in performing arts
To submit an application or for more information, please contact
Eric Magnus, Artistic Director of The Barn Players
The Barn Players embraces diversity in all aspects of our organization. Non-traditional and equal-opportunity casting is encouraged.
This message has been sent through KC Stage's Automated
Press Release System at http://www.kcstage.com/.
Any and all information listed in this e-mail is property
of the person sending this information and KC Stage
can not be held liable for the content.