NICE WORK IF
YOU CAN GET IT
Music and Lyrics by George and Ira Gershwin
Book by Joe DiPietro
Direction by Kipp Simmons
Musical Direction by Kevin Bogan
Choreography by Valerie Martin and Ramsey Self
Assistant Direction by Korey Childs
Saturday, June 18th from 1:00pm – 4:00pm
Sunday, June 19th from 2:00pm – 4:00pm
at St. Pius School, 55th and Woodson, Mission, KS
EXPECTATION and PREPARATION:
• Auditions will be an open call both days, and will
consist of singing a prepared 32 bar selection of a musical
theatre song in the style of the show.
• There will also be a dance audition so wear proper
attire. A tap combination will be taught at callbacks, but be
prepared to show any tap skills you have at the open
• Please Provide: Sheet Music...no CDs & NO
ACAPPELLA auditions | Headshot/Resume (if available)
• Invited Callbacks will be held on Saturday, June 25th
from 1:00 -5:00 pm at The Arts Asylum. If you are
auditioning, please make sure to clear your schedule that
day, as callbacks are critical to putting together the
strongest ensemble for this ensemble piece. You will be
notified by email if you are invited to callbacks.
• If you have worked with this directing team before
there is no need to come to the open call. Please email
your interest to the director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Choreography rehearsals will begin September 25th
and all other rehearsals will begin October 2nd. Typical
weekly rehearsal schedule will be Sunday afternoons 1:00p
to 5:00p and Monday through Thursday nights from
6:30pm – 10pm. Rehearsals the last 2 weeks may go past
10:00p but staff will be respectful of your time and get you
out as close to 10:00p as possible. Tech rehearsal on
Sunday, October 30th will be 1:00p to 6:00p. Conflicts with
the rehearsal schedule must be kept to an absolute
minimum during the rehearsal process. No conflicts will be
accepted during dress / tech week without prior approval
from the director. The Music Director may try to schedule
some individual rehearsals with principals prior to October
November 4th – 20th, 2016
Fridays and Saturdays at 7:30pm & Sundays at 2:00pm
Industry Night Performance Monday, November 14th @
All performances take place at The Barn Players Theatre,
6219 Martway in Mission, KS
Set in the 1920s, Nice Work If You Can Get It is the story of
charming and wealthy playboy Jimmy Winter, who meets
rough female bootlegger Billie Bendix the weekend of his
wedding. Jimmy, who has been married three (or is it four?)
times before, is preparing to marry Eileen Evergreen, a self-
obsessed modern dancer. Thinking Jimmy and Eileen will
be out of town, Billie and her gang hide cases of alcohol in
the basement of Jimmy's Long Island mansion. But when
Jimmy, his wife-to-be and her prohibitionist family show up
at the mansion for the wedding, Billie and her cohorts pose
as servants, causing hijinks galore.
• JIMMY WINTER – A wealthy and handsome playboy,
dripping with charm and charisma.
• BILLIE BENDIX – A tough, feisty and street-wise young
woman. Partners in rum-running with Cookie and Duke.
• COOKIE McGEE – A fast-talking, wise-cracking
• EILEEN EVERGREEN – Jimmy's latest fiancé. Self-
proclaimed finest interpreter of modern dance in the world.
• DUKE MAHONEY – Cookie's sidekick. Not the brightest
• SENATOR MAX EVERGREEN – Eileen's father. A
humorless career politician. Serious, stern and judgmental.
• DUCHESS ESTONIA DULWORTH – Duchess of
Woodford. A noted prohibitionist and bejeweled dowager.
• JEANNIE MULDOON – A lovely chorus girl from
• CHIEF BERRY - Chief of the Long Island Police
Department. Fiercely dedicated to his job.
• MILICENT WINTER - A wealthy matron with great elan.
• THE CHORUS GIRLS – A strong female dancing
(including tap) and singing ensemble. – all ages and types
• THE VICE SQUAD – A strong male dancing (including
tap) and singing ensemble. – all ages and types
For more information, please contact Eric Magnus, Artistic
Director of The Barn Players, at email@example.com.
The Barn Players embraces diversity in all aspects of our
organization. Non-traditional and equal-opportunity casting
This message has been sent through KC Stage's Automated
Press Release System at http://www.kcstage.com/.
Any and all information listed in this e-mail is property
of the person sending this information and KC Stage
can not be held liable for the content.